Wednesday, November 30, 2016

24th annual Writer's Digest Self-Published Book Award-2016

Judge’s Commentary*:

The best past of Wanda Fisher's book Jesus and Me is it's well structured and well organized. She has a title, devotional and Scripture on each page. The author uses specific and concrete words to support what she has written. Every word should tell and no unnecessary words or paragraphs should be written.  Her passion for writing this book is noteworthy. Her style and tone of writing comes out as she writes: "We need to learn positive ways to walk and talk as we resist the old pathways and patterns that snare us. We should not discourage one another with vain babblings or emotional flair-ups that come from an uncircumcised heart. God alone can help us conquer our attitudes."   Mrs. Fisher has thoroughly researched the Scriptures. She enlightens the readers on biblical knowledge giving them opportunity to express his or her feelings of self discovery as they read the devotions in this book. She can improve this book with recommendations, and/or endorsements as they all play a part in the author’s credibility and give the book the high profile it needs.  Mrs. Fisher stresses the importance of finding quality time with the Lord. How we should open our hearts and minds with a willingness to listen and receive.

1 comment:

  1. I missed this post so I send a belated congratulations!!!

    A while back you sent me Spiritual Warfare & Who Am I? Recently a pastor's wife visited me. We spoke of her future Biblical teaching plans, which included Personality Types. I gave her your Who Am I? As she skimmed through it, her face lite up as she said, "This would be great for our next women's retreat."

    Isn't the ripple effect of our writing wonderful?!

    I hope to order Jesus and Me soon. I think it is what I need at this time of my life.

    ReplyDelete